Who is a Consultant?
We define a consultant as anyone who can exercise influence but has no direct control over the people he is managing.
What are Consulting Skills?
We define consulting skills as the following:
- Ability to determining the real client(s)
- Ability to clarify expectations of clients or partners
- Ability to express your wants and needs in an assertive way
- Ability to probe directly for the client’s underlying concerns
- Ability to identify the various dimensions of an issue
- Ability to deal with resistance from clients or partners
- Ability to ask and give feedback to clients or partners
What are the Phases of Consulting?
Quotes from Peter Block’s Flawless Consulting
“The internal politics of an organization are obvious when you’re looking up – and invisible when you’re looking down.”
“An authentic consultant is not an oxymoron, but a compelling competitive advantage, if unfortunately a rare one.”