Using Appreciative Inquiry to Achieve Results
Tap into your strengths, inspired future and positive energy to achieve better, faster and sustainable results.
Appreciative Inquiry (AI) helps organizations get faster and sustained results. It increases performance by motivating people to create the change needed. It is a methodology, process and way of being that intentionally seeks to discover, celebrate and build on “what works” rather than fix “what is broken.” AI does not avoid problems, but reframes problems from weaknesses in the past to possibilities for the future.
Appreciative Inquiry has been applied successfully at individual, team and organizational levels. For example,
- At the individual level, AI has been applied in coaching and leadership development.
- At the team level, AI has been used for conflict resolution and team development.
- At the organization level, AI has been applied in the areas of customer service, culture transformation, mergers and integration, strategic planning, business improvement, and employee engagement.
In this learning experience, participants will learn to:
- Use AI in important organization issues to achieve business objectives.
- Harness the strengths of individuals, teams and organizations.
- Ask new and powerful questions that bring results.
- Motivate others through strengths and possibilities.
- Shift from “what’s wrong” to “what’s right” thinking.
- Consult using the AI approach to solve organization problems.
- Coach others using a strengths-based process.
- Focus on applications at the personal, team and organization levels
- Ample use of case studies and videos
- Actual experience of methodology through applying to specific real issues faced by participants
- Participants practise the tools and receive improvement feedback from instructor during the workshop
- Follow-on coaching on use of methodology after workshop
Participants may be internal or external HR, business improvements consultants and line managers. Leaders, managers and change agents interested in a sustainable approach to achieve positive motivation, commitment and business results should attend as well.
- What is Appreciative Inquiry (AI)?
- Comparing AI and traditional problem solving
- Why does AI work?
- AI principles
- The power of image, word and stories
- Positive emotions, positive thoughts and positive actions
- 4D process in AI: Dream, Design, Deliver and Destiny
- Affirmative topic choice – choosing what we focus on
- Designing powerful questions and interview guides
- Crafting provocative propositions
- Designing and facilitating AI summits
- AI & strategic planning
- Appreciative coaching
- Sustaining positive change
- Applications of Appreciative Inquiry (AI) in organizations
- Using AI in your organization
- Appreciative Inquiry in everyday work
- Appreciative living