A Retention and Engagement Workshop for Managers
Why Is This Critical?
Employee engagement affects everything. When employees are engaged:
- Discretionary effort fosters innovation.
- Employee loyalty provides momentum.
- People develop and grow.
- Goals are met and exceeded; performance drives market share.
- Effective manager and employee communications are measurable.
What Is It?
- Flexible, full or half-day learning solution.
- Multiple delivery methods: instructor-led, web-based, blended.
- Several tools drive learnings and a multi-rater assessment uncovers opportunities.
- Templates to create individual engagement plans and prepare for critical conversations.
- Love ‘Em or Lose ‘Em: Getting Good People to Stay book.
How It Works
The fast-paced, interactive experience is delivered in a flexible format to accommodate multiple learning preferences. Using self-assessment tools, action learning and skill building exercises, managers learn key strategies to engage employees and build sustainable loyalty and commitment. The design follows seven key messages:
- Talent in the Spotlight – introduces key concepts and facts to support engagement.
- People Stay for More Than Pay – reviews personal motivators and engagement drivers, uncovers talent at risk.
- The Buck Stops Here – reinforces the influence of the manager.
- Am I A Talent Magnet? – assesses strengths, opportunities and strategies for building an engaged team.
- Ask – So You Don’t Have to Guess – introduces planning, facilitates practice, and provides a template for effective conversations.
- Strategies That Work – examines 26 practical ways to improve engagement levels and inspire loyalty.
- From Ask to Action – Making It Happen – designs and prioritizes action-based engagement plans for individual direct reports.
- Managers learn the cause and costs of disengagement and accept their role in the solution.
- Provide managers with the words, strategies and actions, along with a proven process to follow.
- Managers practice new skills and develop preliminary engagement plans.
- Build a focused, loyal and enthusiastic workforce using everyday conversations.